Join us…we do need help. Contact us for more information or for any questions.
We are working on a video to help clarify the current process of turning in a firearm to the Pasadena Police Department. If you want to help with creating this video, please let us know.
In 2013, the Pasadena Gun Buy Back was just amazing. That was great, but we need to move on to the next phrase. Below summarizes what we did in 2013:
The Pasadena Gun Buy Back was on the day before Mother’s Day, Saturday, May 11th, 2013.
The faith community took the lead to partner with the City of Pasadena, the Pasadena Police Department and the Flintridge Center to arrange this gun buyback event and a “Peace-Source” Fair, that will address gun safety, education, and provide an opportunity to share in the many non-violent initiatives that are going on in Pasadena.
135 firearms were exchanged for gifts cards. This was fantastic! We thank everyone who helped make this happen. We are very grateful for the partnerships, and knowing our community is that much safer. For stories in the news, check out the “News” web page.
We are very much still pursuing melting these guns into a sculpture somewhere in Pasadena. See our “Art” web page for updates.
You joined the effort by:
· Donating funds to be used to purchase gift cards to buy back guns.
· Coming to the Gun Buy Back to exchange your gun for a gift card. We have maps on where to go.
· Coming to the Peace Resource Fair to learn what churches, faith communities, non-profits and other organizations are doing to help prevent gun violence, and how you can be involved and make a difference.
· Joining us for good food and Fundraising efforts at Robin’s BBQ.
· Contacting us for more information.